We’ve been working hard since our last update to improve what we think is the core of the Game Table—the board game recommendations it gives to you!
This update is all about the recommendations:
- Several improvements have been made to the recommendation engine, thanks to your feedback in our new testing program (enroll here if you haven’t already)! Make sure to rate games you’ve played before to take full advantage of the improvements to the recommendation engine!
- Now showing: the main reason we think you will love each game we’re recommending to you. Hover over any game on your homepage now to see it.
- Super-powered the game and rating importer: now 10x faster and 99% accurate! Importing games and ratings quickly and accurately means you get better recommendations faster. If you’ve used the old importer before, re-import your collection with the new importer today!
- Recommend games to your friends directly using messages! Think a new game looks cool? Recommend it to your friend in a message! Want to try out a game with them? Let them know in a message!
- Added Luck/Skill ratio and Difficulty level stats to each game. Do you like complex games that depend heavily on skill? Or do you like quick, easy games that rely on equal parts skill and random chance? These ratings will help us find them for you! You’ll see them under the description for each game.
- Search for friends by username in the quick search bar to find them faster!
- Improved how we handle new game submissions on our end = faster response time to game submissions.
- A few interface tweaks.
That’s all for now. Happy board gaming!